Thursday, July 10, 2008

Special days over and gone... But oh how neat..






I want to thank everyone that was able to make it and share with us sealing Braxton to our family and then blessing him on Sunday.. I just shine when I get to be together as a family and celebrate things that mean a lot. Thank you everyone.. Thanks to everyone that brought something for the dinner on Sunday it made it so nice.. Thanks. On June 27th we took our two children to the temple to have Braxton sealed to us.. My mom and dad came with us so that they could go in with the kids in the youth center because I wasn't sure about leaving them alone with someone they don't know and it would make me feel so much better too. I got all dressed up and met Matt at the end of the hall and headed up to the room and we sat there and talked and we both said I hope that Colton is being a good boy. Shortly after that the lady came in and told us they were bringing the kids up and we would get to see them soon. What a glorious day to walk in there and see our family members that could be there that day with us.. Then to walk over and see our children all dressed in white and we knew that this was forever for us.. Oh what a lovely day it was Braxton was so cute dressed in his little clothes and was so good... Colton was pretty good for the most part he is little rumbustious at times but what 4 year old isn't.. We went and took pictures but what I regret most of all is not getting any pictures in our white clothes..(we will remember next time)(MAYBE). Of course after that we got to go eat everyone likes to eat.. It was such a good day one that I will cherish for along time... Then on Sunday we were running behind and I don't really know why.. I was up early I guess time just flies by sometimes anyway we made it though verily.. I was still dressing him and getting his hair to lay down and it was time.. Matt gave him such a wonderful blessing.. He even got teary eyed doing it.. I was so proud of him, I didn't know when he would have had time to think about it with all the work he had been doing.. I guess it just comes to you when you need it too.. After church was over we went home and started cooking dutch oven potatoes and got the ham going too.. We waited until 12:15 to eat that way some could go to all of church and visit.. It was a pretty good day too, the cleanup after wasn't the fun part though.. I'm so thankful to everyone and for our family.. I know that Braxton was meant to come to our family there is no doubt in my mind.. It might have been hard waiting and wondering if Tracey was going to change her mind at the beginning but I knew at the end he was ours.. Tracey I'm so glad that you are part of our family and we love you so much.. I will always be grateful to you for placing Braxton with us.. I know that my family wasn't complete yet and still don't think it is but you helped make it more complete.. I love you tons and I thank you everyday for our little miracle.. I can't wait to see you again someday.. Thank you to everyone again.. We love you and have fun this summer it is slipping away fast...Everyone take care until next time...

6 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

How neat! I wish I could have been there. Sounds like things went well. You all looked so happy in your picture. Braxton is growing up fast. He is so cute and squishy. I love the picture of him that looks like he is waving. What cuties.

The Hermyzoo! said...

You have a beautiful Family. Congratulations on your sealing. It is wonderful to enjoy that sweet opportunity, and to see your family come together forever! I look forward to following your family blog!

Average Me said...

Congrats you guys. That's great and so special. What a cute little family. Together forever. Hope all is well. Take care.

The Swainston Family said...

Congrats! It looks like you had such a couple of special days! I am so excited for you! Together Forever! Your boys are such cuties and are so adorable!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Thanks for the congratulations!! Congrats are in order for you too! The week is flying by & we know that we need to enjoy every minute, so we are trying to enjoy all the little things. :) I will try to post a comment, but haven't even had time to write anything up about our story. We've just been going nonstop!

Holly Schwendiman said...

A thousand congrats to you. These days live on in our memories forever. :)

Hugs,
Holly

Swidget 1.0 2


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones