Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Family home evening...






All day long I listened to "let's go fishing mom". "Can we going fishing mom". "When is dad going to be home so we can go fishing mom". So finally when his dad got home Matt decided that we could go fishing since Colton did some of his housework that I told him to do. We just went up to the Keller's pond and fished. I hate fishing but to me it is fun when I know that there are fish in there to catch instead of spending all day waiting for a fish to bite your line. All you have to do is throw some dog food in the water and they go crazy for it. We spent probably 1 1/2 not even getting a bite and as soon as the sun went down it was like someone flipped a light switch and they were biting like crazy. Matt was the first one to catch a fish on a spinner it was a 8 pounder. Then he caught another one it was just a baby one he let Colton reel it in and then released it. I didn't catch nothing this time, we have been twice now and the last time I caught a 4 pounder. It was so fun rather than Braxton was a little onery and just wanted me to hold him.. Matt went over by him and noticed he had a mosquito on his head and smacked it and it was full of blood and we thought for sure that he would get the little red bump from the mosquito bite but he hasn't and that was two days ago.. Wow I'm lucky I guess. He is growing so big. We have a Dr.'s appointment for him on Friday for his 4 month checkup I bet he weighs about 15 or 16 lbs... I gave him a hair cut too his hair was so long and out of control I couldn't take it anymore. I would comb it down and then couple hours later it would just be popping up all over the place again. Anyway only 5 more days and we will be picking up Breann (braxton's birthsister) at the airport.. Whew hoo... Until next time everyone.. Thanks for reading my posts and commenting on them.. Love ya..

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Andy still gloats about the 9 pounder he caught at that place when he was 3 or 4 yrs. old, all anyone has to do is mention fish and he pipes right up, "hey dad, remeber that 9 pounder I caught that one time?" Kinda funny.
Thank you so so so much for your comment to me, I sometimes forget that I am the mom and not just a babysitter. Blending families is a challenge sometimes, especially when my two are gone to their dad's 1/2 the time and the other 2 feel picked on cuz they are ALWAYS home (I feel picked on too cuz they are always home) But thank you, you have no idea how much I appreciate that comment.

Average Me said...

lol I love to fish, but I don't like baiting the hook. I agree though, you have to have fish bite to make it fun. Babies grow so fast. I'm already baby hungry but I'm not sure I want one this close in age with Jolie. But I may have to come kiss on your baby. =) lol Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Love your face.

The 3 of Us said...

I am really envious. I love to fish and I have never caught any!! It looks like a lot of fun. Congrats again on Braxton being sealed to you! We are so very happy for you guys. I am excited that Brinley will have a cousin around her same age :) Love you,

Average Me said...

For sure, I will call you if I'm ever in that area. Heck I will call and we can plan something to do regardless. Who says I need to be in the area anyway. lol When I can strounge up some gas money, I'll call you. For sure. =) I love your blog too. Thanks for being so loyal. Love your face.

The Hermyzoo! said...

I loved your slide show. What an adorable baby boy you have. What an opportunity to have so much support from the birthfamily at the hospital.

By the way where do you live. I saw the family home evening post-where do you get to fish so close to home? HOW WONDERFUL!

Swidget 1.0 2


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones