I don't understand why our family can't get a break from being sick all the time..
I swear we are sick all the time.. I took Colton to school on Thursday and I got a call from his teacher saying that he wasn't feeling good and if I would come and get him.. Boy he didn't look good either.. His eyes were all red and droopy like he was so tired.. His head was on fire and about ready to explode.. He got into the shower 3 times and took a bath that day..
Friday wasn't looking any better for him either.. He had the same things as mentioned above except now his ear was hurting.. He took just as many showers and baths as the day before. You can imiagne what our gas and eletric bill is going to be.. haha.. Anyway I had enough of him being sick and nothing I could do to help him so I called the Dr.'s office and got him an appointment. We had to be to Logan at 4:10 for his appointment. Matt wasn't home until like 3:35 and I had to be out the door by then it takes 30 mins to drive to Logan. He came as we were walking out the door to get in the Denili and helped Colton get his seat belt on and would you know it the sick kid got a little sicker he puked on his car seat. So I had to go in the house try and call the Dr.'s office and tell them I was going to be late but their phones weren't working so we headed on our way and got to the Dr.'s office. The Dr. said that Colton had a bad infection and his throat was really red..
We went to shopko and filled his prescription and ear drops.. Colton is a very gaggy kid. He hates medience with a passion and its takes a lot to get him to even try it.. So we got him out of the truck and gave him his medience and he threw it up. We tried again and told him to just take it easy and do just a little bit at a time.. He took his full 2tsp down but he still didn't like the taste but he did it... What a little trooper..
When we got home Matt got him in bed and I went to tuck him in and turn his t.v off and he woke up and I grabbed the garabge can and he threw up in the garabge can so I told him just come sleep with us.. In the middle of the night he threw up and had to use the bathroom.. I think he is doing better today thank goodness.. He looks so much better too... Thanks goodness for medience and Dr.'s... Now I'm getting sick and I'm sure that Braxton will too.. Will it ever end?



6 comments:
I am sorry. Sick kids are the worst. We are going through the same thing. Just not the throw up. We have all been sick or hurt in the past few weeks. Lukas still is coughin. Dan had migranes for about a week then he hurt his back and his leg went numb. I think that we have spent about a hundred dollars on co pays and medicines/antibiotics in the last few weeks. Gotta love it. BLAH!
Yuck. I hate sickness. But, just think how immune you'll be next year:) Hang in there!
Not likely until you all get it. :( Sorry you are all sick.
So Sorry! Sickness is no fun at all. It makes for long days and even longer nights. Hopefully this will pass quickly and you will all feel better soon!!
Sorry he is sick! That sure didn't sound like a very fun few days and nights! Hope he is feeling better so he can get back to school!
Hello Cindy,
You have a beautiful family! I read your comment on the r house blog, and I wondered it you would mind if I emailed you? My husband and I are adopting thru LDSFS, and I have some questions about drug use of a birthmom during pregnancy. It sounded like you had some experience with that, so I wondered if you wouldn't mind talking with me? If that's not something you are interested in, I understand. My email is cambookclub@gmail.com. Thanks in advance for considering it.
Cam
Post a Comment