July 2008 in review
This month Matt and I really wanted to do more things as a family. We went fishing a lot after he got home from work. He wanted to teach Colton how to fish and just spend time together. I went along to go fishing to but it seems like I hardly caught anything and I had to take care of Braxton too. Braxton is getting big and growing so fast. Colton has grown so much since Braxton has came along. This month we had Braxton's birth sister Breann down for 2 weeks. I think it was a different kind of change for her. We tried to keep her busy and do things together. We took her fishing too. We took her to the parade, carnival and rodeo here in town. We even took her camping for about 4 days. I think she had a fun time here with us at least I hope she did.. She was great to have around to help me out with Braxton. I do miss her though. She turned 13 while she was out here with us and we threw her a birthday party too.. My whole family brought her gifts it was awesome. So much love and support from everyone.. Thanks everyone we love you so much...
Matt and Colton with the 12 pounder fish.. We went to a pond that a guy grows them that's why it is so big... We still have fun though... Look theres our other member of the family.. Doger the cat

Fishing another time up at a relatives pond.. It was fun just to watch the fish. They were so easy to catch.

Braxton snoozing while at the reseriovr waiting for Colton, Matt and Matt's little brother Jade to get back to the bank...

Jade invited us to go to the reservoir to catch fish and maybe some turtles. No luck on the turtles but they did catch some fish... I stayed on the bank with Braxton and just enjoyed the scenery and peace and quiet for once...

Braxton sitting in his chair being a big boy...

Colton with his cousin Dakota. We had a family get together

Breann seeing her brother the next morning after arriving in Idaho...

I just love to eat things.. I'm growing like a weed

Colton riding his four wheeler it is just a 6 volt ride on.. He loves his four wheeler.

Camping with our family. My mom holding Braxton surprising that he would let her hold him.. He has been a mommy's boy...

Matt taking Coltn and Breann on the four wheeler.. Colton loves to ride..

Colton and Breann swimming in the backyard in our swimming pool..

We took Breann fishing and she caught the first first... I think she had fun fishing.. Then Colton and her tried to chase some ducks on a hill...

Breann teasing Braxton with her drink.. Braxton wanted it so bad..

Breann's 13th birthday party. We went swimming.. She had a great time and got spoiled...

My two cute little men...

Colton at the carnival. We ran into my sister so Colton and his cousin Tayten wanted to go on a ride together

Matt and Breann riding a ride. They make me sick so opted out to go...

Braxton's first ride at the carnival.. When we had Colton we took him on the merry go round too so I had to do it with Braxton too...

August 2008 in review
This was a busy month for us too. We went to the rodeo on friday night while Breann was still up visiting us and then the next morning we had to drive to SLC to the airport so she could fly back home.. Oh that was a fun experience talk about on the edge of your seat.. We arrived an hour early and walked into the doors and it wasn't busy so we preceeded to find our ticket line and I about crapped.. I was freaking out that she wasn't going to make her flight. We had to check her bags in late and that meant that they might not make it on her flight. We then got to the sercurity place where you have to go through and there was a line and she had only 10-15 mins to get on the plane before it left and she had to find her plane too.. I seen a security guy that had no one in his line so I asked him if she could get checked in because her plane left in like 10 mins and he said yes.. Thank goodness.. She made it and so did her bags I was so thankful.. Someone must have been looking out for me that day.. We went to the rodeo that night. We went camping at Glendale Reserivor, floated down bear river, went to the fair and we had a family campout get together with Matt's brothers, sisters, Mom and Dad. It was fun to get together with them since we don't do that much anymore..
We went to a health fair at the hospital.. I have done this for 4 years now.. Couldn't break a tradition

Colton riding a horse..

Braxton's first time riding a horse with his sister Breann..

Colton learning how to shoot a bow arrow..

Friday night at the Rodeo.. Matt's mom made the boys their western outfits. They looked so cute in them... I wanted to get a picture of them all together..

Breann and her little brother Braxton..

This is a camping trip to Glendale reserivor. I tell you my husband can fall asleep in the most weird places...

My brother Bill and Colton. They caught a bass but Colton wouldn't hold it.. He is scared of them

This is my whole family plus one of Matt's brothers. They floated down bear river twice. I stayed behind the first time and watched two babies and then Matt stayed behind the second time.

Off they go.. Can you believe how big my family is?

Braxton wanting his binky back.

Braxton and his cousin Jaxon playing kissy face..

Colton being the water dog that he is....

Braxton smiling in his sleep.. As I was snapping pictures he woke up and was looking at me like what are you doing!

At the fair playing games..

Matt helping Colton catch a gold fish

Braxton wanting the ziploc bag with the gold fish in it...

Colton posing for a picture for me.. Look at his big blue eyes.. They are to die for

This is what little boys are made of dirt dirt and some more dirt.. This is what happens when he goes outside by himself

Braxton eating his yummy ceral

Labor day family campout with Matt's side.

Braxton and dad. Two handsome men...

Colton playing in Cub river,brr's I bet it is cold...

Braxton and Mom chilling in the sun

September 2008 in review
This month was a fun month.. We did some fun things that we normal don't do.. I wanted to take Colton to the Circus but someone told me that Colton probably wouldn't have liked it anyway so I decided instead that we could go to the Hoagle Zoo. Then on Sunday we had a baby blessing in Provo, Ut that we had to go to. SO I got a brainy idea to ask Matt if we could stay in a hotel and then wake up the next day and go to the baby blessing. It worked he said yes, I was totally shocked.. I couldn't believe what I heard.. I have asked and asked to go and spend the night at a hotel so we didn't have to drive home so late but the answer was always no.. Anyway we went to Hoagle Zoo and after that we went back to our hotel and went swimming. I had to get out early since braxton was being onery and getting tired but it didn't hurt my feelings it was kinda cold anyway and the hot tub had to much chorline in it.. We had a fun time together as a family.
Braxton is a wild man in his tub.. I think though he was waving HI...

Colton's first day of school in pre-school. I don't think he was stoked..

This is what I found when I went to check on Colton.. He fell asleep with his mug with Mickey Mouse on it that we got in Disneyland... What a boy..

My big brown eyes.. What a cutie pie..

This is Brinley my niece she came to visit us with her parents from Provo, Ut.. It was such a surprise.. We were all sick when she was born so this was the first time that we got to meet her.. She is so cute and tiny...

Colton wasn't to happy in this picture I guess he didn't want to pose for me.

Braxton loves his bath time as you can tell. He is a little monkey

Colton took this picture for us.. He loves to take pictures

Swimming in the mountains.. This is at Maple Grove Springs.. It is all natural water no chemicals in it..

My three gorgeous men in my life...

How about a kiss...

Colton and his cousin Megan.. He likes to have his cousins over to play..

This is at Hoagle Zoo



This is at our hotel swimming...



Brinley's blessing day... What a darling little girl she is..

What a cute little family this is.. We love you guys so much..

Braxton posing for the camera. He is getting big...

October 2008 in review
This was a busy but fun month for us... We went camping twice this month. Our first trip we went to Pallisades Idaho. I have been there only once and that was when I was younger and I was so in love with how beatuiful it is up there.. We went General Conference time with my family the ones that could go. It was a blast.. We had lots of yummy food. Our next camping trip we started a tradition with Matt's brother Shad last year and we wanted to do it again this year. We wanted to get all the brother's and sister's together and go camping. We had a really good turn-out this year almost everyone came up and visited but us, Matt's little brother Jade and Shad's family were the only ones that spent the night. We will keep trying I guess.. We took the kids to a pumpkin patch and picked some pumpkins. Colton and I carved them.. It was fun.. I love Halloween. I had fun this year dressing up and having Matt dress up this year was so shocking.. I love it...
This is our trip at Pallisades, Id. Colton showing off his stuff.. Like father like son...

Braxton all bundled up it was so cold up there... It actually rained most of the time..

Our famiy picture by Pallisades Lake

Huge pile of drift wood.. Colton with his Cousin Hayden...

My favorite picture for this month.. It is a really good picture of our family even though it was taken by a 6 year old.. I think he did a good job

My brother Tim taking family out in the boat to catch some fish... What a nice guy

This is what I found when I went to check on Colton. He was in his room for time-out... I don't know why he took his clothes off but he only had his underwear on..

Braxton in the Pumpkin Patch..

Cute little buddies...

Don't he look so cute all bundled up... What a cutie pie.

Doing some bouncing in his jumparoo...

Our tradition camping trip.. This is some of Matt's brothers and dad...

Shad, Audrey and baby Brinley... What a cute family..

The two packing daddies... What a awesome picture... This is another of my favorites.

I wanted to do some fall pictures in the leaves so we went over to my moms and she helped me with the boys while I took some pictures.. Braxton was scared of the leaves at first then he started to play with them but still not to sure about them.

This is a favorite.. Braxton found his brother.. What love he has for him...

Braxton got his first teeth this month...

Colton and I showing off our pumpkins.. Matt wasn't around when we carved them so I had pumpkin guts on my hands to take any pictures of Colton but it would have been great to.. He wasn't sure about the guts at all and he didn't like it so I had to finish.

Our family dressing up for Halloween.. It was the first time in 12 years that Matt dressed up.. I was totally shocked but I guess when someone else goes out and buys your stuff for you, you better dress up... He actually said he wanted to but he never told me what he wanted to dress up as..

November 2008 in review
I love November.. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays of the year... This month was a fun month too.. We did a lot of things as a family.. We went out to a reservior to go fishing.. We had fun then we got stuck that wasn't too fun. This month is really busy for us too. We bought some property up Cub River two years ago and we went up there and hung out and decided what we were going to do this coming year to it.. It is a mess for neglect, overgrown, falling down trees, and long grass everywhere.. I love it up there though.. I would love to build there.. *Someday* Anyway enjoy this months pictures
What turned out to be a family outting turned into stuck in the mud for an hour and a half... Foster Reservior

The second time the snow fell.. I wasn't going to miss a picture this time...

We went to a canal down below Foster reservior where they were draining the reservior and scooped the fish by net fulls.. Look how dirty the water is..

He just loves his bath time.. Water everywhere every time..

Colton spotted this rainbow so we went for a drive to take a picture.. It was the coolest thing ever to take a picture of...

Braxton playing with his toys..

Colton making his first sandwich all by himself.. What a big boy he is!!

Best buddies.. Look how big they are getting.. My babies aren't babies anymore..

Colton riding his bike without training wheels.. Yee-haw for him...

This is a picture of Matt, Colton and Braxton up at our property

This was not my favorite picture.. Colton decided to give himself a haircut... I could have cried.. Now I have two bald boys...

Braxton sure has grown.. He is about as big as the dog...

Thanksgiving this year was at my house.. Wow look at all this yummy food... It was fun and a lot of work to get ready for..
My little boy and me hanging out together.. I love him so much...
Colton posing for the camera.. I just love his crystal blue eyes.. What a cute little man he is..
We all went to get our Christmas tree but Braxton and I stayed in the truck, he fell asleep so Colton and Matt went and cut one down..

Picture in the snow.. I think this is one of my favorites for this month..

Mr. and Mrs. Claus.. These are my parents.. I love them so much...

Up town at our Festival of Lights with Mr. and Mrs. Claus aka my dad and mom.. This isn't a very good picture at all but you get the picture..

Best buddies and friends for life... Look how big they are getting

December 2008 in review
December has been really busy this year at our house.. I had another birthday yee-haw. I turned 33.. I'm getting old. We had a Christmas party with my dad's side of his family and if anyone knows that side of the family it is huge.. We also got to celebrate my grandma's 95th birthday with her at the party which is great.. She is the only living Grandparent that I have alive so its really good we got to spend it with her. Every year my family like brothers and sisters get together for Chrismtas Eve and play games. This year we stayed up until 12:30 and the ones that wanted to go home went home early. Matt decided that he was going to take the rest of the year off and fix some things in the house and move the boys in their own rooms.. We worked on Coltons room the Monday after Christmas got all the trim up and a shelf and painted and had it done in 2 1/2 days. I had the job of cleaning everything up that was in that room(another big job) that was our exercise room. He also got a brainy idea that he wanted to re-do our kitchen cabinets, that was a job in itself I think.. Our cabinets are made from Maple and I just wanted them natural meaning no color just raw wood sprayed with clear finish. After 5 years or so they start going more yellow and so we sanded them really good and then we glazed them to look darker.. It was quite a job.. I glad now it is all over and the house is finally back in order.. It took a while but it looks great and its great to have the kids in their own rooms too...
Braxton always wants what his brother has and he will squeal to get what he wants too.

Colton lately has wanted to help me get dinner ready and he is really a big helper.. I just love to see him want to do things like this..

Braxton stole his brothers play cell phone and it always taste better in the mouth don't you agree?

Colton playing in the snow with Cassie dog.. That was the first time Colton got to go play in the snow.. Braxton was napping so I decided to go out with him and take some pictures.

Braxton's first taste of real food.. He loved it, he wanted more but he got a big chunk so I took it away from him.. This is at my dad's family party

Sitting on Claus's lap aka my parents again.. This is at the Christmas party too.

Braxton didn't know what to think.. He wanted his mommy..

My boys with their great grandma.. She just turned 95 years old on the 15th of Decemeber.. This was a couple of days after...

Colton posing for the camera.. I didn't know he had food on his face though.. Oh well

Family tradition I started 2 years ago.. This year everyone helped..

Finally product of our labor...

Braxton getting a ride from the bucking bull.. He loved it

Two peas in a pod.. Buddies forever..

How can you just fall asleep in the chair sitting upright? I don't know how you can.. What a cute boy though...

Braxton was made in 2008... We have two buddies together forever now..

Matts sisters wedding...

Matt built Colton a snow hill to slide down

Thanksgiving day at my house. Look at all this yummy food... Way too much...

Christmas day.. Both boys opening their presents..

Braxton shows us his new book.. How cute it that?

Colton just wanted this Santa Claus fishing pole guy so Santa came through for him..

Braxton's big item from Santa Claus.. He likes to sit on it and be pushed. I can't wait until he will be able to go himself though..

Our kitchen cabinets with the glazing on them... All done and put back together.. That was a big job...

Cabinets above the fridge

Colton's new bedroom.. We added the crown molding, chair rail and the shelf in his new room.. We painted it to match his new bedding..

He wanted to decorate his room in a Dinosaur theme.. I love it. I think it turned out great.. I'm so glad that I have a husband that does construction work for a job. When I was living at home with my mom and dad we painted houses so I know how to paint.. I sometimes don't know if that is a good thing or a bad..

Our Chrismtas party at the hotel with Matt's aunts, uncles, cousins and grandma.

Braxton opening his present from his birthfamily in California.. He loved opening presents.. I was suprised. When Colton was his age we had to open his for him. I'm glad Braxton did it himself or almost himself...



2 comments:
Looks like you had a great year! It is so neat that you are making so many family traditions. I can tell how important your family is to you!
I love your kitchen cabinets-they are beautiful! And the boys room...soooooo cute. You did a GREAT job painting and I love the colors & shelving, etc. It is so cute!
I am so glad you finished the rest of the year. I love reading what your family is up to. You guys are always so busy! I love the picture of Matt asleep on the camping chair with his foot in the garbage can. Good times!
Post a Comment