Thursday, January 8, 2009

...A half a year in review and more to come...

January 2008 in review

In January we had the opportunity to meet our birth-parents and their families for the first time and spend 4 days with them in California. It was really nice weather and the oranges were so good too... That probably was the biggest highlight for Jan..

This is our birth mom and birth dad. This is my favorite picture for the month of January too.


This is a picture of the birth grandma but she is like a second mom and a grandma to Colton. I love this picture too.


This is Breann Braxton's birth sister. Colton just loves her to death..


This is in California checking out an old fort.. It was pretty neat


This is the same place just a different location.



February 2008 in review


This was not my favorite month.. I think I got alot of gray hairs worrying so much about if the adoption was going to go through or we would be out all the money so I don't think we did much this month but worry... I also got the baby stuff all washed and crib set up..

We just got back from California and we had some snow to move so Matt made Colton a hill.. He loves the snow.. This is my favorite picture for Feb.


The family is never complete without our little fur ball Doger. He was a part of our family before we had kids.. I love this cat.. He has such a personality..


My sweetheart bought these gorgeous flowers for me for Valentines day.. What a great man I have.. I love you hon..


The crib all set up and waiting for our new little bundle of joy to come..



March 2008 in review

March was my most favorite month of all.. It was the month that I gave birth to my son Colton in 2004 on March 3rd, it also the month that I became the mom to two little boys. Braxton was born on March 16th. WI feel such an overwhelming love for our birth mom she is such a kind and loving person. I love her so much for blessing us with our son. I guess really words can not express the way I truly feel for her and her extreme love to let him go and be part of our family. I love you today and always.. While we were out in California we decided since we were so close to Disneyland that we would take Colton.. It was a lot of work especially with a newborn. I wouldn't change it though..

I was busy doing things around the house and I couldn't find Colton anywhere so I decided to look outside and this is what I found.. We got inside the raccoon trap and couldn't get out..


This is Colton's 4 year old birthday cake.. I have to have a big one for our big families on both sides.. The theme was dinosaurs..


We love to go swimming. This was on Friday the 14th little did we know that our new little bundle of joy would be born in the next couple of days.


Meet Braxton Boyd. He was born on March 16th 2008 at 3:28 pm in California. We got to California an hour after his birth.. This was his first bath I got to go back with the nurse to watch..This in one of my favorite pictures. Favorite for March


Holding Braxton for the first time..


Daddy finally getting to meet his new son..


What a good big brother. Colton wanted to hold him so when we got back to the hotel room a day in half later we let him hold him.


All stretched out and mad...


Disneyland.. We had some nice people offer to take our picture for us...


Colton getting to meet his best buddy in the whole wide world.. He loves Mickey Mouse and he didn't want to leave him...We had to wait in the line twice probably about 4 hours all together just to see him...



April 2008 in review


April was pretty boring. I don't think we did anything exciting since we had a brand new little baby and being away from home for a week in half in California waiting for the paperwork to get approved so we could come home.. When we drove into our town I started to cry I missed it so much and I was glad to finally be back to where it was familiar and all our family was.. I'm a family girl 100% I hate when I'm away from them so long. I think it was just extra hard with the adoption and all the emotions that I was having and no one to really understand how some things were bothering me. Matt was so great. He took care of Colton so all I had to do was take care of Braxton.. I love Matt so much.. Anyway enough mush..

This is my favorite picture for the month of April.. I forget that my baby isn't a baby anymore he is all grown up to the age of 4.. WOW


Colton was always trying to sneak in the pictures whenever I took them so here is another one.


Best of buddies.. I hope it stays like that too.


Braxton posing for a picture. He wasn't to happy


A picture with my two boys... I will cherish this picture..


My two little buddies. Colton is really protective of Braxton... He loves to play with him. Braxton adores him too


I bought a two of these dogs one for us and one for the birth family so they could see how big he was getting compared to the dog..


He loves bath time even when he was this young.. What a cutie pie..



May 2008 in review

I remember this month because Braxton's adoption was finalized on our end.. We did a private adoption and in the state of Idaho we didn't have to wait the 6 months to have him finalized. Which was great.. Duh me though forgot the camera to take a picture with the judge.. He is 2 months old this month.. Colton is 4 years 2 months old.

Sitting in the big chair, time for pictures... He is wearing some clothes that his birth grandma bought for him...


How can you just fall asleep like that.. What a cutie pie.. This is my favorite picture for May...


Long day of work and sitting with one of his boys..


Colton loving his little brother


Sleeping baby. Sometimes that is the best way to have them.. Just kidding.. What a cute little man.


We also built, I should Matt built a shop in the backyard. I was just there for moral support and pictures I guess.. Matt definetly knows what he is doing..


Enjoying his swing. He loved his swing if someone would leave him alone that is.. We bought him his outfit in Disneyland.. Oh we are so blessed..


Colton out getting dirty.. I guess thats what little boys are best at right?


Braxton in his snuggly clothes.. His birth sister told me never to dress him in them again.. I thought it was cute.. Oh well.. He was mad anyway..


This is our camp trailer.. We love to go camping


Matt's mom wanted us to come down to her house and get pictures taken in the flower beds but I didn't get any family pictures on my camera. Best little buddies in the world.. I hope it stays that way. Don't they look cute.


He acts so grown up. I had to put him by a rock to keep him up to take pictures.. He is only 2 months old in this picture.


Braxton is already practing how to drive.. He was being funny that day... I love his cute little face.



June 2008 in Review


June was the most emotional and spirtually for me.. We had Braxton sealed to us in the Logan Temple on June 27. That was an experience that I won't forget for along time.. We even got to take Colton and he dressed in white. When they brought our children in tears just started flowing just like they are now as I remember back to that day.. My 4 year old spotted us and wanted to come and sit by us and he laughed at Matt and I he probably didn't get why mommy and daddy looked so funny in their clothes.. My mom handed me Braxton and he sat on my lap until it was time for her to take him back.. That day was the greatest day in my life(besides marrying my sweetheart). I love my family and I'm so glad that we can be an eternal family. We blessed him on Sunday June 29 and then we let the party begin after that.. We had a great dinner and had some family time..

This is what happens when moms on the phone trying to do something for daddy.. Wow he put so much bubbles in the tub it took forever for them to wash away.. What a ghostly looking boy..


Shop is coming along almost finished


Fathers day. The boys and I made daddy a shirt with their hand prints on it.. That was fun trying to do a 3 month old. I probably had more paint on me than he had on him..


Colton trying to get a snake with his fishing pole.. I got it hooked to his hook and fun with it but no pictures except for on the camcorder..


Braxton's second camping trip. We bought some propery up Cub River and we went there to camp and clean it up.. It was a lot of fun.. Colton had fun playing in the pond area and burning sticks


My boys.. I love them so much


Colton swimming in the backyard.


Temple day.. These are all of our families that could make it. We are missing quite a few of them. I didn't get no pictures of us in our whites I forgot...




This is what I found one night. I went to go check on Colton and turn his tv off and he had put a hat that was to small for him on and fell asleep. I laughed about it and went and told his dad.. So I had to get the proof by taking his picture.. What a boy.


This was Braxton in his blessing clothes but he fell asleep and when he woke up he was hungry so I changed his clothes and didn't get a picture of him until a couple of days later..


We went to a car show. They wanted their picture by the big truck..


Just being boys.. Look how cute they look..


Blessing re-takes.. They turned out really cute.. He is such a good baby..

6 comments:

dust and kam said...

What a great start to 2008. And what a special year!

I loved seeing all your photos in review and finding out a little more about your story! :)

We are going well... not much going on with us. Just trying to make this year the best year!

Hope you guys are well. Lots of Love!

The 3 of Us said...

Wow, what a year so far! Thank you for the x-mas gift for Brinley. The outfit is so cute and it fits her perfect!!! I hope you all had a great x-mas and New Years!

Vicki said...

What a cute idea to review the year...so cute I decided to copy it. Thanks for sharing what a fun year you had!

MOANA said...

I enjoyed reading about your year. What an amazing and special year, I am so happy for you and Matt. You have two beautiful and healthy children. What a joy it is to be mothers! Love and friendship, Moana

wendy said...

You had an amazing year!
I also liked the way you reviewed 2008! I need to do the same thing!
Wendy

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

What a great year you had. So many emotional moments.

Swidget 1.0 2


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones