Friday, October 17, 2008

Palasides trip finally posted...





We got invited to go to Palisades Dam with my brothers so we decided to go.. We went Conference weekend and had a blast except for the not so good weather but we tuffed it out. I got a little bored so Matt took our family and my nephew to go see the lake just up around the dam.. Oh it was gorgeous over there.. We had tons of fun and lots of yummy food.. My mom wanted to cook a turkey breast in a dutch oven with gravy, my brother Tim cooked Dutch oven potatoes, We made peach cobbler, my little brother B.J. made blueberry cobbler and my little sister made some cookies.. I think when ever we all get together we make to much food.. I know everyone had left overs. I just love spending time with the family and go camping. It is such beautiful scenery up there in Palisades, ID I told Matt that we needed to find some property up there and build a cabin or something.. Its so fun to go places and explore new things.. I had tons of fun and I think that are kids did too.. Colton got to go fishing with his dad which he loves and I got a little break from one kid for a little while.. I love my kids but sometimes you just need a little bit of a break.. Anyway we are getting ready for our last camping trip of the year we are going camping with Matt's brothers and sister so this will be nice and fun too.. Sorry it has been forever since I posted lasted.. Take care..

7 comments:

wendy said...

I absolutly love Palisades! We would go there all the time when I was growing up! Camping, Swimming, Boating! It is gorgeous! I am so jealous!
Glad you guys had such a good time!
~Wendy

ScottKarenandAustin said...

Turkey breast in the dutch oven...let me know how she did that, my husband loves to dutch oven and wins awards at our ward cookoff every year.

We are in Layton, glad we got snow and you didn't...not. Hopefully it will stay away for a while now.

Let me know on the turkey, we could even do that for Thanksgiving since it is the off year.

ScottKarenandAustin said...

Turkey breast in the dutch oven...let me know how she did that, my husband loves to dutch oven and wins awards at our ward cookoff every year.

We are in Layton, glad we got snow and you didn't...not. Hopefully it will stay away for a while now.

Let me know on the turkey, we could even do that for Thanksgiving since it is the off year.

Average Me said...

Sounds like a good time. You guys are always movin. How's life for ya? I bet Braxton is huge now. Hope you are all well. Love your face.

Timberly said...

Looks like you had a great time. It seems just like yesterday you were picking up Braxton, I can't believe he is 7 months. WOW! I totally understand about loving your kids but needing a break. Sometimes that is all that will save you sanity.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a blast!! I LOVE camping. Especially with family or good friends. It's one of my VERY favorite things to do!!!
I love the pics of the kids on the four wheeler! I bet they had a blast! Both of my boys are obsessed with riding!!!
Oh, Also, I LOVE the new blog background! ADORABLE!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I had never heard of the Palisades. We now have family living in Idaho, so we'll have to see if it is close by where they live. I would love to go camping there!

Swidget 1.0 2


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones