Well on Tuesday December 28th I got up at 4:00 and called labor and delivery to see if i could come in.. They of course told me no so I had to try to go back to sleep which really didn't work to well for me because they told me to call back at 6:00 so I just laid there awake thinking about this little girl in my belly and wondering what she would look like.. So I called at 6:00 and they told me to come in around 7:00-7:30. So we woke up the boys and got them ready to take to Matt's moms and out the door we went.. We got down to Logan at 7:25 and checked in at the office.. As we were taken to our room we walked past the nurse station and I swear that nurse looked familiar, I asked Matt if that was the nurse that helped delivery Colton almost 7 years ago. He said he didn't know but I knew I had seen her some where. Long and behold it was the same nurse that delivered Colton over 6 1/2 years ago and she was going to help deliver this baby too.
We got to our room where I had to give a urine sample and blood samples.. I got to wear those fashion gowns that I just love to death. The nurse came in and got my iv started probably around 8:10 or so and my pitocin hooked up.. I had to get up to go to the bathroom quite a few times before I couldn't go anymore because of the epidural.. She checked me and I was dilated to a 2 and 60% effaced at 9:00. She called Dr. Strebel and told him that I was here and he said that he would be in shortly to break my water and at 9:35 he broke my water.. 10:01 I got my epidural and I was bed ridden now, it took that guy a long time to get the epidural in and it hurt i don't remember the last one taking that long or hurting like this one.. 10:40 she checked me and I was at a 3 and 70% effaced. 11:50 she checked me and I was at a 4 and 90% effaced. I also had to have the epidural guy come back and give me another big syringe of medicine since it wasn't working... 12:50pm I was dilated to a 8 and 100% effaced.. Then fifteen minutes later 1:05 she check me and I was total ready to push but couldn't I had to wait for my Dr. to get there.. They put my legs in the stirrups and the Dr. told me not to push her head was already there ready to come but he didn't have his gown or gloves on and he kept telling me not to push and I'm like while I can't really tell if I'm pushing or not since i couldn't feel anything from my waist down the last syringe of medicine totally worked.. Anyway I had her with one little push at 1:16..
Anyway labor went really good but the after affects was not fun.. The epidural really messed up my back for 2 weeks I had the hardest time walking because it felt like I couldn't get enough air and it just hurt. I'm back to normal now thank goodness butI I would still have a epidural if I were to get pregnant again anyway I'm a wuss when it comes to pain..



No comments:
Post a Comment