Friday, February 4, 2011

Adalynn update 1-4 weeks old (1 month old)

Adalynn's first Dr.'s appointment was on the 30th she weighted 6lbs 8oz.. When she was born she weighted 7lbs 3 oz and was 20 " long so she lost a little weight. Then on her 2 week checkup she weighted 7lbs 11oz. she was 20 1/2" long and her head was 35.3cm.. She is totally changing and growing right before my eyes.. She looks like a little chipmunk with those chubby checks she has now.. I can't believe that my baby is already 5 weeks 3 days old today.. She is so remarkable.. She smiled here and there when she was 1day old to 4 weeks but after 4 weeks she is smiling and cooing at us not all the time but when she is locked on to you she will either smile or try to coo.. She gets so excited too.. I love it..


She hasn't slept very good at night from the start so I spent most of the time out in the chair in the front room that is my bed for probably a majority of the last 5 weeks.. I think I finally figured out that she doesn't like the dark she likes a light on so she can see me.. Man they come smarter and smarter now days don't they? She is sometimes a really good eater and sometimes she just uses me for a pacifier which I hate but oh well.. She loves to take baths now at first she wasn't so sure about it at all but now loves it.. She gets a little scared so she holds onto my hand and her grip is quite powerful..
I love this little girl and I'm so thankful that I get to be her mommy..

The boys have handle having someone new come to our house pretty well for the most part.. Colton was totally excited and understood since he is older and he already had to deal with having Braxton come into our family.. Colton is so good with her and wants to hold her but he hasn't got to hold her very much because he has been sick and I don't want a sick baby.. Braxton I think it has been a little harder on him he didn't quite understand about the baby being out of my tummy he thought it was still in there until he really got to meet her and knew that she wasn't going nowhere day after day.. He is so good with her too but he hasn't really got to hold her either because he has been sick too.. He will ask me all the time, "Can I see my Adalynn." it is so cute and lately he wants to pat her back and give her hug it is so cute.. It melts my heart to see the boys love her as much as I do and welcome her with open arms..
 She is truly a miracle just as my two boys are too..
I love my little family..



6 mins old

10 mins old
1 day old

6 days old



1 week old


1 week and 1 day old






2 weeks 2 days old



3 weeks old


3 weeks 3 days old






3 weeks 4 days old I caught her smiling


3 weeks 5 days old



3 weeks 6 days old

4 weeks 1 day old



4 weeks 6 days old








5 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

She is so so cute! Congrats! She holds her head up really well. Watch out! That was the way Blair was and she is a climber and started walking at 8 and a half months old.

Vicki said...

These pics make me sad that we don't live closer. I want to hold her so bad...Oh well, I will get to see her in July and she will probably be HUGE. She is adorable. Congrats!

Sister Judy said...

She is really cute!! Babies don't really smile until 6wks. Before then it is just a reflex, they are not smiling to express emotion. Her is an article. http://www.justthefactsbaby.com/baby/article/why-babies-smile/92

BALLS said...

i cant believe that it has already been 5 weeks since you had her! time really flys by. she is so adorable and i am so happy for you guys!

The Cheney Family said...

Oh my she is cute!! I just want to squeeze her! I am so happy for you!

Swidget 1.0 2


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones