Sorry I haven't posted sooner but I have had alot to deal with lately.. We have been trying to get our yard put back together after Matt emptied the garden and brought new dirt and sand in it. Made a green house, put up a fence, re-did the sand box so we can build a playhouse above it and landscaped in the back where there hasn't been grass for about 8 years now so that we can lay sod down back there..
I actually have good news and bad news, you will have to wait for another day for the good news.. So here comes the bad news..
Memorial weekend we were suppose to go camping but we didn't because the weather was bad and I ddin't want mud all over in the camper and have to clean kids up so we didn't go but we told our friends that we would come up and visit them though.. So after we had finished our work on Saturday at around 4:00 we headed up to where they were camping and got there.. We talked for a little bit and the kids played and fished.. So my friend and I decided that we better get peeling potatoes for dutch oven potatoes.. We got that all done and I was getting ready to open up some cans of peaches and I just looked up at the right second to see my 2 year old falling in the fire.. Oh what a sight.. His dad had helped him into a folding chair(which I didn't know at the time until a day later). I think he was trying to get out and the chair folded up on him and went forward right into the fire.. He landed hands first in the fire. It was mostly coals with a little bit of flame on the other side and all I could was scream at his dad and he grabbed him by the hood of his coat and threw him out of the fire and ran him down to the cold river and put his hands in there.. I got down there and the skin was all white and kinda hanging from his hand a little bit.. We hurry and loaded our stuff and got to the hospital about 30 mins away.. I felt so bad for the poor little guy he was crying hysterically and so was his big brother.. They told us it looked like 2nd degree burns on both hands the left one being the worse.. We had to take him in on Sunday and have his blisters popped and the dead skin cut off boy that was fun.. NOT!! We have taken him to SLC to the burn center and they re-bandaged his hands so that he can try to start using them and getting them back to normal again.. He is lucky they say that he should make a full recovery and that the skin should grow back just like it didn't happen.. I hope so.. No one should have to go through this.. Things happen so fast.. I kept pretty good tabs on him the whole time and was just distrated for one sec and thats all it takes.. He is a strong little boy and he is such a trooper.. He is doing really good though.. We have another appointment tomorrow to have the bandages taken off again.. Not looking forward to that though.. They don't give him any medication to relax, they only use what I give him which is codine with tylneol in it.. A mothers heart hurts to see her baby have to go threw this.. I will keep everyone updated on his progress.. Thanks for all the concerns, phone calls, presents and love everyone has shown us, it means alot to us... If you don't like to see bad pictures then you might not want to see these. These are 24 hours after it happened.. I forgot my camera on Tuesday when we went to SLC so I will try to get some pictures of them tomorrow... Love ya..
This was on Sunday the day after it happened we had to take him in and have the blisters popped and the skin cut off..
This was after the blisters popped and skin cut off...
This was on 06-04-2010 At SLC burn center.. 6 days later. This is the left hand..
This one was taken on 06-07-2010. 9 days later at home.. Left hand
This is the best looking hand it has healed so much this is the right hand.. 10 days later.. It has been bandage free since last friday the 4th of June..






3 comments:
My heart goes out to you all as you work through this difficult time! Seriously breaks a mothers heart to see her baby hurting! I learned that for myself when I watched my son fall and break his arm, as a mother you would take the pain, anything to protect your baby and yet we have to sit by and help them through it instead. Hugs and loves to you all as your baby heals.
Man, I still can't believe it. It has been good to see him functioning and doing alright. Poor little stink.
poor kiddo!
i am glad they are healing quickly. That makes me so sad.
Post a Comment