I'm sure that everyone already knows that we got our little bundle of joy on March 16th 2008 at 3:28 California time. He weighted 7 lbs and was 19.9 inches long. We knew that T our birth mom had lost her mucus plug on Friday and wondered how long before she would go into labor and have that baby. Saturday flew by and no word from her and then at 3:30 in the morning on Sunday I got a call from T saying that her water had broke. I took me a second to wake up and realize what she just told me and then I was like okay, Matt it is time we need to go get our stuff packed we got to go. We were out the door in a half hour and on our way to California hoping that we could make it so I could be in the delivery room with her. We didn't make it in time we were an hour late. She had been in labor for about 12 hours. It took us about 13 hours to get there with minimal stops on the way. I was running on pure adrenaline because I didn't get to sleep until around 1:00 that night and so I basically had 2 hours of sleep and I drove the whole way to Bakersfield, California. When I walked into the room where I would finally get to meet our new son I was so excited, scared and tired. T asked me if I was okay and I was I guess I was just in shock that this was really going to happen, that we were going to adopt this little boy that we have grown to love while he was in his mommy's tummy. I guess the saying is true they might grow in their mommy's tummy but he grew in our heart that is for sure. I got to finally hold him and take him out of his blanket and look at his tiny little body and take a picture of him and hold him close. It was the most sacred thing besides going to the temple that I have ever encountered in my life. I got to go with the nurse and watch her give him his first bath and take some pictures of him. Then they moves us to another room where T and I would stay. T wanted me to be there with her and take care of him because she knew that he needed to bond with me. T is a very loving and kind person she was always asking me how I was doing and I should have been the one asking her that question. She always worried about me. I hope that some day she will want to come to Idaho and meet our families and know more about us. We still are in contact with each other and we probably always will be. Her family is like another second family for us. I'm so thankful to her for picking our family to raise and take care of Braxton for all time and eternity. I will be forever grateful and respectful to her for what she has done for my family. I love you T...
Monday, March 31, 2008
Family of 4 now!!! Braxton is here.
I'm sure that everyone already knows that we got our little bundle of joy on March 16th 2008 at 3:28 California time. He weighted 7 lbs and was 19.9 inches long. We knew that T our birth mom had lost her mucus plug on Friday and wondered how long before she would go into labor and have that baby. Saturday flew by and no word from her and then at 3:30 in the morning on Sunday I got a call from T saying that her water had broke. I took me a second to wake up and realize what she just told me and then I was like okay, Matt it is time we need to go get our stuff packed we got to go. We were out the door in a half hour and on our way to California hoping that we could make it so I could be in the delivery room with her. We didn't make it in time we were an hour late. She had been in labor for about 12 hours. It took us about 13 hours to get there with minimal stops on the way. I was running on pure adrenaline because I didn't get to sleep until around 1:00 that night and so I basically had 2 hours of sleep and I drove the whole way to Bakersfield, California. When I walked into the room where I would finally get to meet our new son I was so excited, scared and tired. T asked me if I was okay and I was I guess I was just in shock that this was really going to happen, that we were going to adopt this little boy that we have grown to love while he was in his mommy's tummy. I guess the saying is true they might grow in their mommy's tummy but he grew in our heart that is for sure. I got to finally hold him and take him out of his blanket and look at his tiny little body and take a picture of him and hold him close. It was the most sacred thing besides going to the temple that I have ever encountered in my life. I got to go with the nurse and watch her give him his first bath and take some pictures of him. Then they moves us to another room where T and I would stay. T wanted me to be there with her and take care of him because she knew that he needed to bond with me. T is a very loving and kind person she was always asking me how I was doing and I should have been the one asking her that question. She always worried about me. I hope that some day she will want to come to Idaho and meet our families and know more about us. We still are in contact with each other and we probably always will be. Her family is like another second family for us. I'm so thankful to her for picking our family to raise and take care of Braxton for all time and eternity. I will be forever grateful and respectful to her for what she has done for my family. I love you T...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment